04 September 2019
By Maynard Paton
Trading update and presentation summary on Tristel (TSTL):
- TSTL’s 2019 open-day presentation and the associated scuttlebutt did not yield any ground-breaking news.
- Unpicking the accompanying trading update suggested second-half UK sales gained an impressive 12%.
- However, the contribution from international operations was distorted by the purchase of Ecomed in November.
- The former Ecomed boss was confident sales in France could one day exceed those in Germany — TSTL’s largest overseas market.
- The purchase of the group’s Italian distributor — which has expanded quickly during recent years — appears very sensible.