21 August 2020
By Maynard Paton
Results summary for Mincon (MCON):
- A generally satisfactory update given the pandemic, with underlying revenue up almost 5% and profit before adjustments perhaps up as much as 28%.
- The postponement of the interim dividend due to Covid-19 was disappointing after earlier statements barely mentioned the virus.
- An emphasis on “geotechnical” drills and services has reduced the dependence on mining customers to 52% of revenue.
- Modest cash generation, average margins and enormous stock levels offer significant scope for accounting improvements during the current ‘moat-rebuilding’ phase.
- Various (perhaps optimistic) assumptions alongside opportunities from new products lead to a reasonable 14.3x P/E. I continue to hold.