IMPORTANT! The podcast below remains freely available, but from 1 August 2023 all my podcasts became part of a premium service for UK private investors. Please do consider joining if you enjoy the conversation. More details here >>
23 October 2022
By Maynard Paton
I have recorded another episode of The Private Investor’s Podcast with my good friend Mark Atkinson. We talked about System1 and the investment potential of testing adverts:
- My fourth System1 AGM and my share purchases.
- What the company does: testing television adverts and marketing ideas.
- ‘System 1’ and ‘system 2’ thinking within broadband adverts.
- Validation of the company’s service through the partnership with ITV.
- The transition from ad-hoc consultancy work to automated data services.
- The competitive advantage gained through years of accumulating advert data.
- The chairman’s handling of the AGM.
- Microphones, voting cards and special lunches.
- AGM formalities and Section 319A of the Companies Act.
- Protest votes against two non-execs and the strategic review.
- The company’s podcast becoming a sales tool.
- Mark’s verdict and closing remarks.
- System1’s 2022 AGM recorded by InvestorMeetCompany
- The AGM results RNS and my thoughts on the voting
PS: The AGM took place on 28th September 2022 and the podcast recording took place on 21st October 2022.
Disclosure: Maynard owns shares in System1.