27 August 2022
By Maynard Paton
I have recorded another pilot episode of The Private Investor’s Podcast with my good friend Mark Atkinson. We talked about Somero Enterprises and the investment potential of the company’s concrete levelling machines:
- 00:00: Introduction to Somero Enterprises.
- 01:47: The W-8BEN form.
- 02:38: Mark’s first Somero purchase and moving brokers.
- 04:51: The growth of e-commerce and the dying high street.
- 06:20: Somero’s competitive advantage.
- 07:31: Somero’s financial history and accounts.
- 12:16: The international growth of e-commerce.
- 13:30: The equipment Somero sells.
- 15:01: Disclosure within the annual report.
- 18:21: Management experience.
- 20:31: Special dividends.
- 22:08: Valuation and re-rating potential.
- 28:41: Closing thoughts and wrap up.
We may record more podcasts if sufficient interest is shown.
PS: The recording took place on 25 August 2022.
3 thoughts on “[Podcast] SOMERO ENTERPRISES With Mark Atkinson And Maynard Paton”
Excellent discussion, as always!
Somero global headquarters and training centre is based in Fort Myers, Florida. The area has been badly hit by Hurricane Ian. Possibility of short term adverse impact on the business if they have suffered storm damage.