19 June 2022
By Maynard Paton
I recently recorded a pilot episode of The Private Investor’s Podcast with my good friend Mark Atkinson. We talked about Photo-Me International and the investment potential of passport photos and self-service washing machines:
- 00:00 Introduction and portfolio YTDs.
- 00:52 Photo-Me and why Mark has been buying.
- 05:10 Is self-service laundry a winning business model?
- 09:26 How do the fruit juice and pizza machines work?
- 12:16 The financials of Photo-Me.
- 13:51 Serge Crasnianski recently invested £20m. What does he know?
- 19:01 Other directors and the absence of a board-level CFO.
- 19:51 The recent trading statement and expected revenue.
- 20:24 Is Mark still bullish and would he buy more?
- 22:51 How big a position is Photo-Me for Mark?
- 23:26 Would Maynard now buy Photo-Me?
We may record more podcasts if sufficient interest is shown!
PS: The recording took place on 14 June 2022.