19 June 2022
By Maynard Paton
I recently recorded a pilot episode of The Private Investor’s Podcast with my good friend Mark Atkinson. We talked about Photo-Me International and the investment potential of passport photos and self-service washing machines:
- 00:00 Introduction and portfolio YTDs.
- 00:52 Photo-Me and why Mark has been buying.
- 05:10 Is self-service laundry a winning business model?
- 09:26 How do the fruit juice and pizza machines work?
- 12:16 The financials of Photo-Me.
- 13:51 Serge Crasnianski recently invested £20m. What does he know?
- 19:01 Other directors and the absence of a board-level CFO.
- 19:51 The recent trading statement and expected revenue.
- 20:24 Is Mark still bullish and would he buy more?
- 22:51 How big a position is Photo-Me for Mark?
- 23:26 Would Maynard now buy Photo-Me?
We may record more podcasts if sufficient interest is shown!
PS: The recording took place on 14 June 2022.
7 thoughts on “[Podcast] PHOTO-ME INTERNATIONAL With Mark Atkinson And Maynard Paton”
Looking forward to this! There are too many generic investment podcasts, but not enough specific company related podcasts. I will definitely be subscribing to this.
Great stuff. Good audio quality.
Enjoyed your new blog.
I held PHTM a few years back but sold about 4/5 years ago when growth prospects on the Launderette side seemed to be stalling. SP hasn’t recovered since.
Given that most households own a washing machine (and replacement is regarded as necessaey rather than discretional spend) plus the photo booth side may be in structural decline I can’t really see the attraction here.
Would be great to hear more company specific podcasts.
Thanks Peter. I tend to agree, although Serge investing £20m is intriguing!
Underplayed the inflation resistant qualities of the business and operational gearing.
As a result it pays an attractive dividend and guidance gas been raised x2 so far this year.