***SharePad New Subscriber Special Offer***
Readers of my Blog can claim one month of free data. Click now for details.
03 January 2019
By Maynard Paton
I am going back to basics with this SharePad trawl. I simply want to identify a quality company trading at a modest valuation that I can hold for the long term.
Given recent market conditions, I am hopeful SharePad will unearth a few likely contenders!
For this screen I demanded:
- A forecast P/E of no more than 12;
- An operating margin of 15% or more;
- Net borrowing of zero or less (i.e. a net cash position);
- A yield of 4% or more, and;
- A market cap of £150m or more.
SharePad immediately found 20 shares that matched my criteria.
The name that stood out was Somero Enterprises. I was vaguely aware of this business having some prominence within its particular field — the glamorous world of concrete floors.